Dear current or future patient!
During the Coronavirus pandemic we have to introduce special preventive measures to keep everyone safe. This means that for visits, when in person appearance is not essential, we will provide telemedicine services. This affects the following types of visits:
- Initial consultation (review of the previous medical history, evaluation already existing test results, setting up diagnostic/ treatment plans),
- Evaluation of the results of the tests ordered and based on them clarification of the therapeutic plan,
- Follow-up discussions after successful or unsuccessful treatments, during which tests required for a new treatment can be ordered and a new therapeutic plan can be discussed.
In order to set up a telemedicine appointment please contact us by phone (+36-1-202-2802) or email (email@example.com).
It is based on the result of these telephone consultations that in person visits can be set up. During the in person visits we will provide you with all the recommended protective equipment and will follow the recommended infection control guidelines.
Our goal is to be able to provide our full services even during the pandemic while minimizing the risk of potential infection in our facilities. Therefore the following measures will be in effect:
- Prior to coming to the clinic you will be contacted by email or phone and a standardized questionnaire will need to be completed to assess your risk of being infected by Coronavirus. Please, click here to download the questionnaire.(DOC) (PDF)
- If the risk is considered to be low we will be able to see you in the clinic. For each clinic visit (blood test, semen analysis, visit with a doctor, etc.) an appointment will need to be set up first. We will only see you in the clinic if an appointment has been previously set up! Since we have to limit the volume of patients that are seen daily if you do not show up in time for your visit a new appointment will need to be arranged for.
- If your risk is considered to be high (based on the answers to the questionnaire or symptoms) we will refer you to your general medical provider. In this case we will only be able to see you if the evaluation by your GP is negative for Coronavirus infection.
- On the day of the visit please arrive in time. Please wait outside of the building at the main door until you are called by an assistant.
- Once you have entered the building the assistant will take your temperature. If your temperature is > 37.5 C we will refer you to your general medical provider.
- Once in the clinic you will be asked to use the hand sanitizer and will be asked to use a face mask.
- The mask needs to be worn while in the clinic. As you leave the clinic you will be able to dispose it in the special disposal container.
- We will only allow the patient herself/ himself to enter the building on the day of the visit. If you arrive with an accompanying person she/ he will need to wait outside of the building. Outside of the building patients/ accompanying persons are required to maintain a min. of 1.5 m distance from each other.
- Consultations, follow-up discussions can now be performed in person but handling these visits over the phone is still an option. Those patients who come from abroad for the consultation will need to be seen in person. Starting on the 1st of September new travel regulations were introduced that control cross-border entry into Hungary. Hungarian citizens entering Hungary from abroad face 10 days of quarantine. Those in quarantine may request from the authorities to be tested for SARS-CoV-2 here in Hungary (!). Tests done abroad will no longer be accepted (first test can be done at home for those who come from the Schengen zone + USA, Canada). If they produce two negative tests at least 48 hours apart from within 5 days they can request from the authorities a release from the quarantine. We can only see those patients who have the written permit from the authorities that allows them to leave the quarantine. Foreign nationals are not allowed to enter Hungary. There are some exceptions. Those who have a letter from a medical provider stating that they come for treatment can request a permit from the police (through the police website) to enter Hungary. Upon entering Hungary they also face 10 days of quarantine or need to undergo the same testing procedure as described previously to be able to leave the quarantine sooner. This whole process takes at least 5-7 days and is associated with expenses. We can only see those patients who have the written permit from the authorities that allows them to leave the quarantine. We do recommend contacting the local consulate for updates before you plan your trip as the regulations may change.
- We will use electronic prescriptions when possible.
- Those patients (this applies to both women and men who plan on attending the clinic in person) who were infected by SARS-CoV-2 virus need to follow these steps:
If the infection was asymptomatic and was detected „only” by a positive SARS-CoV-2 PCR test, the patent can be seen in person 4 weeks after the positive test without a second, negative test. If the patient wishes to be seen within 4 weeks of a positive PCR test she/he has to do a second test and it has to be negative to be able to come.
If the patient had symptoms typical of SARS-CoV-2 infection (loss of smell/ taste, fever upper respiratory tract infection symptoms, etc.) she/he can be seen 4 weeks after the disappearance of the symptoms. If the patient wishes to be seen within 4 weeks of a positive PCR test she/he has to do a second test and it has to be negative to be able to come.
Those patients who have chronic symptoms (post COVID symptoms) after recovery from the infection will only be able to undergo fertility treatment if the proper medical evaluation has been completed to increase the chance of safe and uncomplicated pregnancy.
- These regulations will remain in effect until the end of the pandemic.
- We understand that certain aspects of these measures will be less convenient compared to our previous operations but they are of utmost importance to guarantee your safety. We do ask for your patience and cooperation these days to be able to serve you to the best of your knowledge!
Budapest, 19 April 2020.
Dr. Péter Kovács
Patient information for semen analysis during the COVID-19 pandemic
Please, click here to download the semen analysis information
Successful IVF treatments at just half the price
Hungary is a very special place. Please visit us and get to know our wonderful country at: http://www.gotohungary.com/budapest/
One of Hungary’s best kept secrets is that we are home to one of the largest, most experienced and most successful IVF clinics in the world; larger than the majority of fine clinics throughout the United States and United Kingdom.
This highly ranked IVF clinic, the Kaali Institute was founded by a Hungarian-American professor, Dr. Steven G. Kaali in memory of his father. During the past 20 years we have performed close to 75,000 IVF treatment cycles, resulting in the birth of well over 20,000 healthy babies!
This experience and our very high success rate makes us the ideal choice for IVF treatment to have your baby.
What’s more, you will pay just half the cost of comparable Western IVF clinics. You will have the benefits of American-trained and English-speaking physicians and support personnel with a 15-year track record of high pregnancy rates. You will have the same top-quality medical professionals, safety and standards of care as if you were at any reputable American or British fertility clinic.
Let us help you to have a healthy new baby as soon as possible with no waiting list. We pride ourselves on giving this opportunity to even the most challenging of patients.
In fact, the overwhelming majority of our patients choose the Kaali Institute by recommendation of friends and family. We are also recommended by gynecologists and family doctors.
Our English language IVF program director, Dr. Peter Kovacs is an American-trained infertility specialist.